So I heard about these myths and facts about drinking from a copper jug, and they seemed very closely tied to old traditions in Asia. I found one in my closest Carrefour ( A supermarket), and thought I’d get one to try it out for myself. Even if it doesn’t have amazing properties, it still looks really modern and beautiful on your table. Of, course I had to research the said benefits of the jug, and this is what I found:
- Natural purification process and gets rid of bacteria in the water
- antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic and anti-inflammatory properties
- Drinking 2 to 3 glasses of water that has been stored in a copper vessel is another easy way to supply your body with enough copper.
- Prevents Water-Borne Diseases
- Keeps the Digestive System Healthy
- Aids Weight Loss (eliminates fat cells)
- Copper helps regulate blood pressure and heart rate as well as lowers bad cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Promotes Healthy Skin
- Fights Anemia
You can read in more detail about each benefit here.
I don’t know whether these claims are true or not, but I do know that it is useful and necessary for the body to get a decent intake of copper into the body because the body can’t synthesize its own copper, it helps in purification, and to take precaution and not over do drinking water from the copper jug.
What are your thoughts on the Copper Jug? I’d love to know 🙂